Terms and conditions
Online purchases (as of 19th February 2021)
Return to SHOP
- Business details. Our address is not a shop and we have no facilities for visitors. We regret we cannot make sales 'on the doorstep' to visitors that turn up speculatively, though pre-paid orders, excluding alcoholic beverages, can be collected STRICTLY BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT. Contact us by e-mail to arrange this. Under the Distance Selling Regulations we are obliged to display our postal address on this website: 21 Norton Street, Burnham Norton, King's Lynn, Norfolk, PE31 8DR.
- Alcoholic beverages. No alcoholic beverages may be sold to persons under the age of 18. If you are ordering alcoholic beverages, you guarantee that you are over the age of 18 years. We cannot make sales of alcoholic beverages to non-UK addresses.
- Overseas (non UK) orders. This website is for UK deliveries only. Please do not place an order if you are outside this area because we cannot fulfill it.
- Gifts. If you order is a gift for someone else, please let us know at the time of ordering, then we will omit the usual receipt from the parcel and instead put a note in to say who the gift is from.
- Delivery prices. Delivery prices are for UK ADDRESSES ONLY and are subject to alteration without prior notice. Our P&P charges are for delivery to one address only per order and are levied according the value of your order in your Shopping Cart: Cart value up to £60, P&P is £3.80; Cart value up to £99.99, P&P is £5.00; Cart value £100 and over, P&P is free.
- Delivery addresses. We respectfully point out that we cannot be held responsible for problems with deliveries if the address entered by you at the time of ordering is incorrect. Please pay particular attention to the postcode, as we have had problems where these were miss-typed or omitted when the order was placed.
- Delivery days. We will send out deliveries first thing on Tuesday mornings and Friday mornings. Orders will be despatched on the Tuesday or Friday morning (whichever comes first) after receipt of payment by PayPal or after clearing your cheque (and never more than 30 days later, as stipulated in the Regulations). E-mail orders received on Tuesdays or Fridays will be packed and posted on the following Tuesday of Friday, whichever comes first.
- Delivery method. Orders are sent by 2nd class Royal Mail delivery, unless they are very large and heavy (e.g. containing multiple bags of Saffron Flour), in which case we may use a courier company and will advise you of delivery dates.
- Payments. We accept payments made by PayPal, via Stripe, or by cheque made out to Norfolk Saffron. We regret we cannot accept cheques for less than £25.00.
- Cancellations. Should you wish to cancel your order, we ask that you contact us by e-mail as soon as possible. You may be able to catch us before your order has been posted, which makes the cancellation process much easier for us. You have the right to cancel and return orders within fourteen working days of receiving your order. Please see Returns section.
- Returns. Please e-mail us before returning an order, obtain proof of posting and ideally use the original packaging. We cannot accept items returned in an unsaleable condition. All saffron products must have undamaged security seals and packaging. Postage for returns is non-refundable and done at your own expense.
- Refunds. These will be made as soon as possible (and no later than 30 days after notice of cancellation) using the same method that payment was made to us (e.g. PayPal for PayPal, cheque for cheque). For PayPal and Stripe payments, we will refund you your original payment less the commission taken by PayPal or Stripe on our receiving you order. (PayPal and Stripe work by taking a commission on every sale made on our website - we do not receive the full amount charged to you for your purchase). We are not able to make refunds on damaged products, or those with opened security seals or packaging.
- Missing orders. In the unlikely event of your order going missing, please advise us so we can investigate. We will always notify you when your order has been sent, so you will have a rough idea of when it should arrive. For 2nd class deliveries (the system we use), the Post Office "due date" is three working days after the date of posting. If your parcel goes missing, compensation for loss is only payable by the PO ten working days after the "due date" (this info taken from the Post Office website). In other words, there is a 13-working-days window from the date of posting during which a delivery is not considered delayed or lost by the PO. We follow the PO's system. We will send you a replacement if your parcel has still not arrived after this 13-working-days period has elapsed and will ask for your permission to share your contact details with the PO. This is required for us to make a claim. Please note that, in line with the PO's system, any claims made later than 80 calendar days from the date of posting cannot be entertained, and under these circumstances we regret we are unable to send you a replacement.
- Damaged orders. We take lots of care to pack orders as securely as possible, but if your order does arrive damaged please contact us asap. We will ask for photographic evidence so we can make a claim from the PO and send you a replacement.
- Newsletter. We invite you to add your details to our Newsletter. This allows us to keep you up to date with general news from our smallholding, new products and notify you when the new harvest is ready each year so you get priority access to each season's new crop. The Newsletter is sent out about four times a year. You may unsubscribe at any time from our Newsletter by replying with the word 'unsubscribe' in the Subject line. Your details are not shared with anyone else.
- By placing an order through our Online Shop, you indicate that you have read and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
Return to SHOP